Friday, February 6, 2009

Check your labels...a friendly consumer tip :D

This isn't even scrapbook/photography-related...unless those subjects give you headaches. ;) Did you know....Excedrin & Excedrin Migraine have the exact same ingredients in them? I've known this for a while, but when I was buying some Excedrin yesterday (well, Target brand) I thought "I have to share this with others". I used to buy Excedrin AND Excedrin Migraine. One day I got looking at the ingredients on the labels of both boxes and took them to the pharmacy where I asked the pharmacist if I was seeing things or did these two products, labeled for different kinds of pain, actually have the same ingredients? Yes, they do! So if you're an Excedrin/Excedrin Migraine user, just buy whichever is less expensive because they're the exact same thing. :) (Interestingly, one is usually a little more or little less expensive than the other.) I can't believe the Excedrin company does that. Oh, and Target does it too, markets them, prices them, as two different products.

May you have a stress-and-headache free day! :)

2 comments:

themathchick said...

Wow! That's nuts!! Good thinking on your part to read the labels and uncover this headache remedy conspiracy ;) Thanks for the tip!!

LauraBelle said...

OMGoodness! I wonder how many other products are being done like this! Buyer beware for sure, thanks for the tip!